The Woodlands, TX | Kingwood, TX | Sugar Land, TX | Montgomery County, TX
Your hands are vital to your daily life. You use them for just about everything: eating, using the restroom, getting dressed, driving, working...everything! There are a number of conditions that can affect your hand's mobility, cause pain, and impede your quality of life. If you find yourself facing an injury or medical issue in one or both of your hands, our staff of professionals can help.
If you’re experiencing troubles with your hands or wrists to the point where surgery is necessary, it’s vital to take quick action. Your hand and wrist contain complex networks of bones, tendons, muscles, and nerves. If you do not seek quick action, your injuries could worsen and result in permanent damage. Your hands are a vital tool – losing function or mobility could have serious consequences for all areas of your life. Acting quickly can prevent other injuries, like numbness and swelling related to Carpal Tunnel or Ganglion Cysts. These side effects and further injuries can ruin your hand’s function and affect your work, sleep, and your ability to complete daily tasks.
If you need hand surgery, contact Woodlands Hand to Shoulder as quickly as possible for prompt treatment. Our office treats hand and wrist injuries in Sugar Land, Kingwood, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today to learn more! Our facilities also provide finger, elbow and shoulder surgery to treat the source of pain in your body.
Why Would I Need Surgery?
A number of conditions can lead to a need for a procedure such as surgery. They can include:
- Nerve Injury: This can be a result of constant repetitive motion; office workers, athletes, and people who garden or do tactile crafts might find themselves with nerve damage.
- Arthritis: Often a result of age, arthritis affects your hand's mobility and grip strength.
- Bone Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: A condition caused by the pinching of the nerves in your wrist. Carpal Tunnel features shooting pains or tingling sensations up your hand and arm, resulting in plenty of discomfort.
- Tendon Injury: If you have tendinitis, treatment might be nonsurgical; however, there are options for severe tendinitis and trigger finger.
- Chronic Health Conditions
Our surgeons will treat the root cause associated with your pain or discomfort. Our goal is to bring back your quality of life.
Why You Shouldn’t Put Off Hand Surgery
Whether you are dealing with carpal tunnel or other conditions, it's important not to put off corrective surgeries. While some put off hand surgery because it might seem scary and some put it off due to work reasons, there are a variety of reasons not to put off treatment including:
- Symptoms will get worse- If you ignore symptoms like numbness, pain, or tingling, they will only get worse and become severe enough that you will not be able to perform your job.
- You could lose strength in your hand- Your hand can become too weak if you don't get the hand surgery you need. This could lead to months of physical therapy to gain back the hand strength you once had.
- You could lose hand control- If the problems you are experiencing become too severe, it could lead to loss of control of your hand and you may find yourself dropping objects and being unable to grasp objects.
Call Today to Schedule Your Next Procedure!
If you're experiencing pain and are in need of surgical intervention in order to restore your mobility, contact our office to schedule your treatment. We'll walk you through every step of the process, including preparation and recovery expectations after your surgery. Recovery time and needs depend on the procedure, though it will always be necessary to rest your hands in order to let them heal. We are known for dependable service throughout Kingwood, TX; Sugar Land, TX; and the Montgomery County, TX area; trust us to ensure you get the best care possible!